It is with great sadness that we announce the temporary closure of the Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens until further notice. We look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible! In this time we will continue bringing peace and enrichment to our community, both local and around the world, with free video live streams of guided experiences and meditations in the Crystal Castle grounds, our Crystal Castle Collective membership, and other online projects we are currently working on. More Info On Closure
A short scenic journey into Byron Bay’s hinterland lies a magical sanctuary.
Stand between two of the tallest crystals on earth. Sit in an ancient amethyst cave.
Wander through the tranquil Shambhala Gardens and rainforest.
Indulge in a delicious lunch and homemade desserts.
Come early and enjoy the day!
What’s included in your visit?
- Sit in an ancient amethyst cave
- See rare and amazing giant crystals
- Take flight in the Wings to Eternity mural
- Wander 5 hectares of botanical Shambhala Gardens and rainforest
- Be at peace with the largest stone Blessing Buddha in Australia
- Touch the World Peace Stupa, a project blessed by the Dalai Lama
- Find yourself in a labyrinth
- Join the daily Peace Experience at 12:30 pm and 3:00pm
- Enjoy more experiences including Music of the Plants and the Crystal Experience, which rotate during the week
- Children’s playground with free face painting on weekends and during school holidays
- Take home your own copy of the Crystal Castle Guidebook
When can I visit?
10:00am – 5:00pm (NSW time)
27 December – 29 January 10am – 5.30pm (NSW time)
No entry after 4:00 pm
We are open every day of the year, except Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Enhance your visit
- Be in awe during the Enchanted Cave meditation experience
- Celebrate yourself with a personal Aura Photo
- Browse extraordinary gifts of nature, spoil yourself and take home special treasures
- Lunch on the terrace overlooking one of the best views in Byron Shire
Kellie BMelbourne, VIC
I visited Crystal Castle while on a family trip in August, as soon as you drive in the gates you can feel a peaceful and positive energy surround you,
it's absolutely magical.
Dearne & Brian KNeutral Bay, NSW
Wow ! OMG - Awesome - we've been here 6 hrs and I don't want to leave...
Janelle JByron Bay, NSW
Crystal Castle has been around for ages and as a long-time local it was one of those places that I always thought I'd get around to visiting... one day.
I finally made it this year, when we visited for my daughter's birthday.
It's a great place to wander around, learn about crystals and enjoy a wonderful meal in the lovely cafe. Highly recommended.